Top lessons of Bhagavad-Gita
Top lessons of Bhagavad-Gita
Today is 25th December 2020, an auspicious day and we are celebrating Gita Jayanti (birthday of Bhagavad Gita) today.
Today is also Mokshda Ekadesi. This is perfect day to publish this blog on my website www.myspiritualviews2020.com
1. Soul is imperishable, body takes birth but soul never born, can not be wet, dry, divide, dissolve, burn, kill and is eternal and can not be seen with material eyes.
2. We are not this body but soul. Body is just a medium of soul. Soul transmigrate from one body to another. Soul never takes birth but changes one body to another.
3. Senses, mind, intelligence are companions of soul. Lust occupies senses, mind, intelligence and thus affects the soul. Unless one uses pure intelligence to control the mind, the senses cannot be controlled. Devotional services makes intelligence pure.
4. One has to learn how to rise above modes of goodness, passion, ignorance as they tied the living entity to the material world. Doing your work with no love or hatred, no attachment, no false ego, no entangled intelligence or no desire of wanted results, equaĺly disposed to everyone but done as a matter of duty is the only way out.
5. Surrender to God Shri Krishna in Bhakti Yoga is the only way to get liberation from birth, diseases, old age and death and transmigration to 84,00,000 different species and to get entrance in the home of God Shri Krishna in the spiritual sky.
6. Lust, anger, greed, attachment, enmity, pride, motivation by false ego, entangled intelligence are the enemies of the living entity. Lust, anger and greed are three gates to hell.
7. Work and do prescribed duties (sacrifice, charity, penance) as a matter of duty or as ought to be done with intention of perfect execution of work, with no motivation by false ego, no entangled intelligence, with enthusiasm and determination, with no love or hatred to auspicious or inauspicious work, no attachment or desiring of results and no sense gratification, no material association is the only way to be happy in this material world and liberated from it. Prescribed duties such as sacrifice, penance (control of senses), charity should never be renounced as they purify even great souls. The process of giving up activities based on material desire is called Sannyasa (renounced order of life) but the process of giving up results of work is called Tyaga (renunciation). Without renunciation, one can not achieve renounced order of life. Renunciation of the results of action is better than meditation. Meditation is better than the cultivation of knowledge. Work for God Shri Krishna is the best way to be happy. Fix your mind and intelligence on God Shri Krishna. Doing devotional service is superior than meditation.
8. You must have heard a phrase in the Bible "You reap as you sow".